Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An absurd week at best!!!

What an absolutely strange week last week was. As is the title of my blogger page, Going to the Dogs, has never seemed more appropriate. Due to recession, I have still been working, but not all that heavily booked as of late. However, last week I was swamped. It was such a long and treacherous week. I came home every night barely able to speak, let alone move. Thank God for my hubby Jeff, he always seems to take such good care of me when times are tough on me.

Anyway, needless to say, by the end of the week, I was exhausted. I had agreed early in the week to take care of my little nephew Joe for my sister Malana and her husband Larry. I was excited about it until the nasty week had taken it's toll on me. Come Sunday morning, I could barely open my eyes when the alarm went off. I made coffee and prepared myself for the sweetest little boy on the planet.

We had a prior commitment of a birthday party for my niece Kyra. Chuck E. Cheese at 11:00 am. We loaded up the family and headed out to Fairfield for the party. I have to tell you that it was one of the best days I have had in such a long time. I love my Lil' Joe sooooo much. He is surely a gift from God above. His smile just makes me happy to be around. It was such a pleasure for me to see his excitement and share in the joy that was his to behold. I feel truly blessed to have had that very special day with him. I ran more that day than I have in a long time. People say it is expensive to take children there. I found that not to be the case with Joe. He just ran and shared rides with any child on a ride that had captured his interest. I had to laugh at his indestructible desire to take rides for free on somebody elses token. No one seemed to mind though, as he is truly an adorable looking little child. He did however have a favorite ride, it was a tractor. We dropped a lot of tokens in that machine. He just loved it. He also loved the carousel. He thought it was like a ride that produced a really funny game of peek-a-boo!! Everytime he would go around and then spot me he would just burst out in giggles while I made a funny face at him. Too much fun, I'll tell ya!

When it was time to go, Jeff found us and gathered us up and took us out to the car. I think it would be completely truthful to say that I was more disappointed to leave than Joe was. I have to say that I will forever treasure the memory of this day and of the love and healing that my sweet little nephew Joe bestowed upon me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment