Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a day!




Being a dog groomer is hard work on any given day, but Saturday is the motherlode of all days. I had an absolute terrier day. I so love the terrier breeds. They are cute, adorable and feisty!! I so love their little endearing attitudes. Not to mention the fact that when completed, there is not a cuter breed on the planet than the the terrier group. I had eight terriers, one Basset Hound/Husky mix, one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy (3 1/2 months old) and one 20 year old cat to shave. I started work at 8:00 a.m. and finished at about 6:15 p.m. By day's end, I was completely exhausted. It is a wonderful feeling to put in that kind of a day's work though. It is completely gratifying to see the clients faces when they pick up their beloved pets and just are thrilled with the outcome of the grooming process.

I feel blessed to do the work that I do. I truly believe that it was what I was put on this Earth to do. I joined this line of work on a fluke. It turns out that I am really good at it. It is a very rewarding job. I get to exercise my artistic side and my intellectual side all at the same time. My only desire would be that it wasn't so hard on my tired old body. All the love and puppy kisses received on a daily basis is just one of the perks of the job. Can you imagine anything more rewarding than the love of puppies all day? In my opinion and for me, I certainly can't!!

Well, we are celebrating my granddaughter, Gracie's 4th birthday today. I am so excited. I will have to write again when we return to let you all know how it went. My nephew Joe is going to be there too. I am doubly blessed with my two favorite munchkins in the world on the same day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment