Monday, August 17, 2009

A date with my sister...

I went on a date with my sister today. She came and picked me up and we went to breakfast at The Lodge in Citrus Heights. I had my usual, ham and eggs (it is the bomb there) and she had the home made corned beef hash with eggs. We opted for a side of fresh fruit because they always give you fresh fruit. Our breakfast was delicious. It always is there. I think it was once an IHOP as it s that pointy A-Frame type building. Itis small inside but very warm with great service and even better food.

The second part of our date was to the movies. We went and saw TheUglyTruth with Catherine Heigle and Gerard Butler. The movie was very predictable and a little slow in the beginning. It did however have some extremely tinkle in your pants funny moments in it. All in all it was worthy of the matinee price. I enjoyed it.

I was especially glad to see my sister get out and have a little grown up girl time. Although she loves being a mother, sometimes us ladies just need that. I for one, was glad for the girl time as well. I think it may have even improved my general outlook on life. Thank goodness for sisters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment