Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tacos at mi hermanas!

We got an invitation to join my sister and family for a dinner of tacos. They were very delicious with homemade tortillas and all the fixin's!! She did a fantastic job on dinner and it was very tasty. Larry made Flan for dessert. We also got to tste his homemade Mead for dessert. I have to say. that was a mighty fine Mead. It is made with a blackberry honey and I will be a forever fan of this sweet delicious treat. Lucky for me, I was given a bottle for my own consumption and it is safely stowed in my refrigerator as we speak. Mmmm Mmmm Yummy!!

I also spent an hour or so in the pool with my adorable, precocious nephew, Joe. He is truly fearless in the water. He just loves to get out and do 1, 2, 3 and jump from the side into the pool. I can't put into words how expressive his eyes are when he is excited about something. I think I may just be a little in love with that little stinker. Mom was also in the pool with us. She really enjoys the pool and gets her legs exercised while in the pool. I think it is wonderful for her.

We had a lovely visit and left completely satiated in all ways. It is truly rewarding to be in the fold of lovely family.

On our drive home, we witnessed the most spectacular sunset. The sun was huge as it went down. We were headed West on Hwy 16 and I didn't want to turn North to head home as it completely changed our view. It was really a powerful sight to behold.

All in all, it was a good day!! Thanks Malana and Larry for a nice afternoon and evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment