Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Yesterday marked Mom's 72nd birthday. I threw her a nice birthday party/dinner. Mom, Malana. Larry and Joe came over. Larry got here early, coming straight after work. He was kind enough to help me decorate with streamers and a banner. It is nice that he is so tall. No ladder required. He also helped in the kitchen cutting up Fruits and garlic bread. What a Godsend my bro-in- law is. I really love you Larry.

We had New York Strip steaks, baked potatoes with every topping imaginable, baked beans, steamed broccoli, garlic bread, jumbo prawns with cocktail sauce, a veggie plate, a pickle and olive plate, chips and dip and some lovely carrot cake and vanilla ice cream. The food was a success. Malana brought the cake. It was very Yummy!!!

As a surprise for Mom, I had invited Beth and Grace to her party. Beth brought along her little nephew, Nicholas. Mom was very happily surprised when they arrived. I am glad they could make it.

Everyone seemed to have a good time. I especially loved watching Joey with Grace. He just loves her so much. He kept on going up and giving her hugs and kisses the whole time and saying he loved her. How adorable is that? They are precious I tell you, just precious!

My Mom had on a new outfit that Larry and Malana gave her. Chocolate brown pants and a tan top with white polka-dots. She looked so pretty. Most importantly, she seemed very happy and pleased with her celebration. Did this daughter's heart good to see her Mom so happy. All in all, it was a successful birthday bash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment