Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Schmistmas!!

I am having the hardest time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I have my decorations up, the tree is beautiful, but it just feels so non-plussed. I think it is all the commercialization of the whole thing. Or is it that it is hard to live up to Christmas past? I just remember being so excited waiting for Christmas as a child and into adulthood as well. I simply can not muster up that enthusiasm anymore. It is quite possible that Christmas is just for the young.

I believe that Jesus is the reason for the season. I am quite happy to celebrate the birth of our King. I just don't know about the rest. Maybe because I don't have little children anymore. Wait...that can't be it, I have Grace and Joe. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful. I just can't seem to find the unbridled joy that it used to bring me. Maybe it is because the stores start the season back in August and I am just plum sick of it already.

I also think that I have so many suffering around me this year. So many losses, so many death's. That takes it's toll on the joy we feel. I am sincerely hoping that something will remedy my "Scrooge-like" attitude. Wish me luck in this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment