Sunday, November 8, 2009

It has been a good day!

Do you ever have one of those days that just goes down in the books as a great day, but there really was nothing inspiring about it? That was my day today. I cant honestly say that it was anything special, just spending the day with my hubby doing all of his favorite things. Turns out, they are now some of my favorite things too.

W e started the day with some very nice marital cuddling and chatting. It has been awhile for that to happen with us due to the swine flu, vacations, moving and just life in general. From there we went out to breakfast and had some awesome waffles. Then we began our endeavor to search for a twin bed. We also went to several thrift shops and I found some really nifty buys for under $10.00 total. We didn't purchase a bed today, but we have some fairly good prospects for next week. I had so much fun with him. We just felt like newlyweds today. Not planned, it just happened. I love it when that happens. 15 years and still going strong!!

Then we came home and Jeff did his presentation for me on the importance of tree's in the community that he is planning to give at a meeting on Tuesday. He has worked very hard on this. I was ever so proud of him. This is definitely out of his comfort zone and he did a bang up job. He never ceases to amaze me.

At about 4:00, I went in and took a nap. This is one luxury I never indulge in, due to the fact that I am an insomniac. What a great rest it was. I will probably be up most of the night, but it was so worth it. Jeff woke me at 6:00 and told me we had better get up if we were still going to go to dinner. We ended up nixing going out to dinner and instead he made us a delicious dinner of canned chili while I went after dessert of Snickers Ice Cream bars. Oh go ahead and laugh if you must, but I am here to say it was the exclamation point on an already wonderful day.

My sweet hubby has just kissed me goodnight and I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face, counting my blessings and tapping the keys to tell of my amazing day that was so insignificant, but will be remembered and treasured in my heart and my memory. I hope all who read this had a day as lovely as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment