Monday, November 2, 2009

Pup Woes

Well my sweet girl, Midnight, turned 14 on Halloween. It is so hard for me to believe that this is even a remote possibility. It seems like only yesterday she was just a precocious little puppy. Her given name is Midnight Star, but my Mom in law, Sharon renamed her Nightmare during a short stay she had with them. She truly was a rotten little pup. She was always into everything. She was very destructive back then. Then I started her off on crate training and she has just been the world's greatest dog ever since.

She hasn't been feeling too well of late. I must admit, I am worried about her. I am hoping this is just something like a puppy flu bug, but I fear that is wishful thinking on my part. I am prepared for the worst, but really don't want this to happen. I would love to have her for another 14 years.

She really is turning into a grumpy old woman. She has been snapping at our little Lhasa, Nick. He is so ridiculously naive that he thinks he can take her on. She would literally hurt him. They tangled yesterday so badly that I had to pull them apart. This worries me. I don't want anything to happen to either one of them. I just hope it all works out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment